Back to Press

Slideshow: Innovations from the Plant Based World Expo North America


December 21, 2021

Stating that about 5% of the US population considers themselves vegan, Marcel Goldenberg, head of proprietary pricing for Mintec Global, London, told attendees at Plant Based World Expo North America that “if you want to get the other 95%, you have to get the price down.” That’s what many of the more than 3,100 attendees and 200-plus exhibitors and sponsors showcasing plant-based product innovations hope happens sooner than later as the industry moves forward.

Mr. Goldenberg said lower prices may be achieved through economies of scale, the lowering of per unit costs as the category gets larger, as well as better understood. It’s happening, but it takes time.

Read full article


Gain access to exclusive content from our chefs and food scientists, new products and promotions, and recipes by joining our email list. We don’t share email addresses with anyone.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.